Enjoy the Holidays!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Answer the following in complete sentences.
- What two visions does Lennie have down by the river? Why do you think Steinbeck includes these visions?
- What surprises Lennie about George's behavior when he meets him by the river? What does Lennie want from George? Why?
- Explain the reaction of the men when they reach the scene. How is Slim's reaction different from Carlson's? Why?
- Finally, do you agree with George's decision to shoot Lennie? Explain.
- Extra Credit: John Steinbeck took the title of this book from a Robert Burns poem which includes the line (paraphrased): "The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray." Explain why Steinbeck chose this for the title of his book.